Mold usually grows when five factors‚§”food source, darkness, warmth, oxygen, and moisture‚§”are present. As such, the most susceptible areas for mold infestation in a home are the basement, the attic, the bathroom, crawlspaces, and wall interiors, because these regions are where the aforementioned factors often convene. When your home is infested by mold that developed from water damage such as sudden leakage, flood, or overflow from plumbing, that growth needs to be removed right away.Is your mold problem serious?Mold may look disgusting, but it‚§™s often not as bad as it looks. For example, a small amount of mold in your shower or basement is not a serious issue. You can get rid of it by rubbing a mixture of baking soda and distilled vinegar on it. Leave it to soak for a few minutes then wipe it away. There are also mold cleaning products you can buy at any home improvement store for any minor mold problems you may have.